Saturday, February 27, 2010

FDB Mobler Chair - Pembroke Value Village $5

 
It seems that the Pembroke Value Village rarely has the goods anymore these days. They cut back bigtime on furniture to make room for more overpriced Gap mom jeans. That said, I have had a few epic scores there so it always lures me back. I dropped the hammer on this beatup yellow chair for $5, it's paint splattered and has a dogchewed corner. When I was putting it in the back I scoped 'Denmark' impressed on the underside of the seat. I'm way miopic, so it wasn't until Sonya arrived that she said it had the initials F.D.B. on it as well. It seems these were designed by Folke Palsson for F.D.B. Mobler. The chair is really comfortable, it cups the back really nicely. Sadly, I missed out on a set of 4 these with their original primary paint scheme for $50 over the summer because we were too broke. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment