Thursday, December 31, 2009

Harter Metal Furniture desk task chair, made by Jan Kuypers?

We picked this up at the Pembroke Value Village for $5.00. I have a major love/hate relationship with VV. For the most part it's all overpriced used Gap jeans, and I always get the feeling that the best stuff never hits the floor to begin with. But sometimes, either people are clueless of lazy and they put good stuff out.

Like this chair, it's made by Harter Metal Furniture Ltd., of Guelph Ontario. Harter's still in business today, and they have made some iconic pieces through their history. Jan Kuypers did a long stint working with Harter, and I believe he may be responsible for the great lines on this little task chair. I love the little ant arms that stick out, and the minimalism of the frame. It's got a nice metal back rest and it's super comfortable to sit it. I think it's one of our best finds since moving here. I have grand plans to respray the metal with another colour (any suggestions?, I'm thinking maybe teal, maybe flat black), and I'll get our resident upholstery expert, Sonya, to swap out the split brown vinyl for something more fun, maybe a suede, or some graphic print. For now, it's 'resting' in our basement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment