Thursday, December 31, 2009

1958 Raymond Loewy Le Creuset French Dutch Oven cast iron casserole


We scored this great cast iron dutch over in the wilds of Abbotsford BC a few years back. Sonya (the sharp-eyed cutie) spotted it, and like a magpie drawn to something shiny, this badboy came home with us. It was $2.

Since then we figured out this was a Le Creuset dutch oven, designed by Raymond Loewy in 1958. This is the '25' size, and from what I can  gather, turqouise/aqua is one of the rarest colours that was originally produced (I couldn't find another anywhere online), and this colour wasn't re-issued with the new Raymond Loewy-Le Creuset collections. I just love the shape and colour, it makes me happy every time I walk past it in the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. You beat me! I picked the same one up at a market for $15, one of my favourite finds ever!!!

    ReplyDelete